Texas Medigap Plans – How To Choose

Will Medicare buy you a scooter? Does your GA Medicare supplement plan pay the bill or is this a come on? Will your Georgia Medicare gap plan cover or will you be stuck?

If you retire (get more freedom) when you turn 65 and/or you want out of your employer plan, you can get Part B (Part A is for hospitalization, and Part B is for outpatient stuff, like doctor visits, exams, x-rays, etc.).

Unfortunately she is unable to buy a medicare supplement leads generation because she has been advised to have surgery and has not completed it. Do you see the irony here?

Now that you have taken some time to think about your own situation and expectations, it is time to decide which type of plan would benefit you the most.

It makes sense given our culture and the current economic situation in our country that the financial impact of medicare supplements in terms of cost and benefit would be foremost in most of our minds.

If you qualify, your MAE is a covered expense under Medicare Part B. Medicare will pay 80% of the Medicare approved amount after you have satisfied your Part B deductible ($162 in 2011) and you pay the remaining 20%.

So how do we evaluate this option against others like the F Medicare supplement plan? Let’s look at the worst case issue of very large medical expenses. You would pay these assorted co-insurances till you meet $4620. Compare that against the annual premium difference between the K Medigap and F Medigap plan. Granted, it’s actually pretty tough to get to the full $4620 amount picking up half of the 20% co-insurance that Medicare doesn’t get so this is our consideration. Let’s say the difference for a 65 year old is $70/monthly or roughly $800 annually. You obviously wouldn’t go that way if you have serious health issues at the time of enrollment. We would hope for more savings than that to take on the risk associated.